Wondering how to find an agency that’s right for you–or even whether you need a sending organization at all…and where to start once you find one? Missionaries explain the ins and outs.
With or Without an Agency
- Why do many missionaries join agencies?
- Why do some missionaries serve independent from an agency?
- How do I find a service agency? My home church is sending me directly but I need help with newsletters, processing contributions, etc.
Don’t miss your free copy of
The Ultimate Preparation Checklist for a Life in Missions
Salary or Support?
- Should I go with my denomination, which provides a salary, or with a non-denominational agency and raise my support?
Agencies Large and Small
A Thorough Exam
- How do I select an agency?
- What questions should I ask a mission organization I am considering joining?
- How does a missions team leader form a cohesive and Christ-centered team?
- Why do sending agencies require missionaries to be members or active in a local church?
- I’m interested in Bible translation and I want to be part of a team and not just a lone missionary. Which agencies now send teams to do this?
- Which agencies assist the underground church in restricted access countries?
- In selecting a mission agency, how much do leadership style and organizational culture matter?
- We want to work with an agency but be self-supporting (tentmakers). Our denomination does not support this model. What agencies work with tentmakers?
When to Begin
- Which should I focus on first, where I want to go or which agency to join? If I start with agency selection, do they decide where I go or do I decide?
- Which mission agencies can someone 18-21 years of age with a high school degree join and begin active service as a missionary?
- I am years away from finishing my education. When should I start to look at agencies?